About Me

My photo
I'm just a mid-west girl, who's traveled the world and would love to share some of my favorite things with you. Some of my favorite things are: cats, dogs: especially huskies and pugs, all things art: painting, pottery, card-making, stamps, the ocean, indian food, all things moroccan, italian, hand-made goods, soaps and candles, bright colors, blues, dark chocolate, coffee and tea, kringla, nesting dolls, tudors, medieval times, english cottages, history, reading, traveling, and learning about other cultures.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Incoming Mail

I have been so spoiled lately, by all my wonderful, dear friends, who have surprised me with special goodies! I just wanted to share with y'all my latest surprises in the mail.

Katie, sent me this lovely paint brush holder, that she sewed, it matches my coastal theme.  Along, with a packet of flower seeds.  What a special surprise and it holds my brushes perfectly and great for traveling!!  Thank You Katie!!!

My friend, Janice sent me some Cafe Du Monde coffee from New Orleans.  It's the coffee with chickory in it.  I had always wanted to try it, along with beignets!  Well, it was the perfect evening, I received the coffee and that evening, we went to Huey's, downtown Savannah(New Orleans restaurant), and ordered beignets for dessert, they were out of this world!!!!  If you have never had fresh beignets, you must try them!  It was like tasting heaven.  They were hot and fresh with powdered sugar.





Yesterday, I received a letter and all kinds of paper goodies from Sally(Queenie and the Dew), she is so sweet.  I found out, we have a lot in common!  She sent me some tea and a postcard from Cambridge, England, it brought back a lot of memories for me, since I used to work in Cambridge.

Well, it's been a great week of good mail days!  Thank you dear friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment