About Me

My photo
I'm just a mid-west girl, who's traveled the world and would love to share some of my favorite things with you. Some of my favorite things are: cats, dogs: especially huskies and pugs, all things art: painting, pottery, card-making, stamps, the ocean, indian food, all things moroccan, italian, hand-made goods, soaps and candles, bright colors, blues, dark chocolate, coffee and tea, kringla, nesting dolls, tudors, medieval times, english cottages, history, reading, traveling, and learning about other cultures.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Things I've received lately in the mail

I had a great week, it was our wedding anniversary and I received 2 packages from 2 very special people in my life.  The first package is from my exchange student, who's like a daughter to us, from Pakistan.  It arrived on our anniversary, so how appropriate.  It was a huge box, full of goodies.  She put letters in it, jewelry, 2 pairs of shoes, a beautiful sweater, home goods, some knick-knacks and a sweater and hat for my husband, oh, and 2 necklaces for the cats with their names on it.  Here are some pictures.
Slipper shoes from Pakistan
Me, wearing my sweater and trying to take a picture
of myself.


The end of the week, I received another package from my dear friend and neighbor back in Washington.  She is so creative and talented.  She sent me a journal that she made, along with a box and mini cards, also, that she hand-made.  She also, sent me some other non-hand made goods, such as tea and napkins.  You can check out her Etsy site at:  www.psloveyoudesigns.etsy.com
She makes the neatest hand-made cards, so check out her Etsy site.  Here are some pictures:


www.psloveyoudesigns.etsy.com

2 comments:

  1. you hit the mother load! Komol sent the most amazing stuff- Love the sweater and shoes. I'd request shoes...but I have these giant feet! Cute cards too, I am going to have to check out her shop. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I'm too spoiled over here. I love getting mail and packages, makes it a good day!

    ReplyDelete