About Me

My photo
I'm just a mid-west girl, who's traveled the world and would love to share some of my favorite things with you. Some of my favorite things are: cats, dogs: especially huskies and pugs, all things art: painting, pottery, card-making, stamps, the ocean, indian food, all things moroccan, italian, hand-made goods, soaps and candles, bright colors, blues, dark chocolate, coffee and tea, kringla, nesting dolls, tudors, medieval times, english cottages, history, reading, traveling, and learning about other cultures.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Take a Word challenge: Bird Life

Well, this is my first attempt at one of these challenges.  I had fun making them.  I chose to do a bird collage, since I had all these great papers from Stampin Up and also, chose to do Bird Girl, since I live near Savannah.  Here are my creations:  Bird Collage and Bird Girl(watercolor painting).


20 comments:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of "Take A Word" Pipiluciana it is one of my favorite challenges...the more the merrier. You are off to a great start with your collage and watercolor beautiful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Take a Word Challenge. I hope you will become one of our "regulars". Your two artpieces are beautiful, perfect for this week's theme.
    Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great birds Jod! Your paintings are so fun! See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work on both pieces- your collage is so full of wonderful imagery and your watercolor is enchanted- love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess you'll have lots of fun at Take a Word. Try Three Muses,those girls are fantastic and you will meet some amazing talented people. You're collage is beautiful and the bird-girl is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see you here! Beautiful collage, and love your painting.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your collage - the composition and delicate colours - and your drawing is delightful. Two lovely pieces for your first TAW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both pieces are just wonderful. Each so different but gorgeous in their own right!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the wonderful world of challenge where I definitely hope to see you again! Your work is a delight and your drawing style is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your talent with us! Both are great. I read your profile with interest. You have a way with words as well as artistic talent. Hope to see you again! (My Marrakesh is also a bookmarked site for me, and I've had lunch at The Gryphon!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely art, Pipi! I especially love your take on the Bird Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two beautiful entries, love the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I really love your bird girl!! A very beautiful art creation!
    Bravo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks everyone for your lovely comments! The challenges are so much fun, I'll have to keep trying them, thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab collage... lovin' the bird girl.

    ReplyDelete